Marketing and Content Manager
Job Title: Marketing and Content Manager
Work Location: NYC office or Remote
Position: Full Time
Start Date: June 2018
Salary: $55,000 - $60,000 DOE
Language requirements: (Spanish/English bilingual)
Who We Are:
Founded in 2007, the National Domestic Workers Alliance organizes domestic workers in the United States for respect, recognition and labor standards. Through leadership development, strategic campaigns and alliance building we seek to help build a vibrant movement for social and global justice. As the social innovation hub of NDWA, Fair Car Labs is charged with cultivating partnerships with the private sector leaders and launching sustainable technology to create a fairer future for the care industry. FCL utilizes technology to make work better for nannies, caregivers, and cleaners.
FCL is looking for Marketing and Content Manager to join our growing team. As the Marketing Manager, you’ll have the rare opportunity to shape the identity and voice of our innovative social enterprises and drive growth, scale and impact for thousands of workers across the country. In this position, you’ll be marketing FCL products, generating copy and collaborating with our team on campaigns that target and are designed for domestic workers. As a team, we are collaborative and generally solve challenges together, and are passionate about revolutionizing work for thousands of domestic workers across the country and helping undo legacies of generational racism and sexism that have shaped the care industry for decades.
In this role you will:
- Implement online and offline marketing campaigns including earned, social, and digital media, paid advertising, and channel partnerships.
- Interface directly with target audiences to understand their motivations and inform brand position and messaging strategy.
- Run acquisition, engagement, and retention experiments by gathering, analyzing and interpreting marketing and audience engagement data to speed our learning and growth.
- Create print and digital collateral to support marketing campaigns.
- Manage the creative process and develop/contribute to brand consistency across various projects.
- Work with FCL staff/Project Leads on developing strategies for customer employer/client facing acquisition and growth for FCL products and experiments.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer acquisition via social media advertising and viral marketing to inform strategy. As well as integrate customer discovery and learnings we’ve conducted over the past 3 years, and continue to conduct, into messaging and content.
- Develop presentations that effectively represent the project/brand and assist in overall business development.
You might be a great fit for this role if you have:
- At least 3 years of proven experience marketing and growing a large base of customers, users, or members
- An analytical mindset - you don’t need to be a data scientist, but you do need to understand how to measure and analyze data in order to evaluate audience growth and content performance.
- Experience writing compelling and creative advertising copy and marketing messages
- Are Spanish/English bilingual (required)
- Skilled with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop), preferred but not required
- Advanced expertise with digital media platforms, including digital content creation.
- A talent for writing in a compelling voice on Messenger and other social/mobile channels.
- Strong attention to detail and great project management skills, and generally have an awesome ability to make things happen.
- A creative streak and deep curiosity about how to take our work to the next level, and excitement to try new things to figure it out.
- An entrepreneurial spirit: You’re an exceptional problem solver who is thoughtful and has a bias towards action.
- A passion for, and understanding of, issues facing domestic workers, or low wage, immigrant or women of color populations, and agreement and alignment with NDWA/FCL’s vision and values.
While not required, a strong candidate might have one or more of the following:
- Experience managing innovative content marketing programs.
- A deep understanding of customer acquisition via social media advertising and viral marketing.
- A track record of scaling a digital product, building a loyal and engaged audience of tens of thousands of users.
- Experience working with and communicating with low wage workers, immigrants, and/or women of color populations
- Competitive salary
- Full and generous health, dental, vision and paid time off benefits
- Location - New York City or flexible for working remotely
Please send resume, cover letter and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org and put Marketing and Content Manager in the subject line. Applications will only be accepted electronically. Please include a daytime phone number where we can contact you. Applicant reviews and interviews to begin in early May 2018.
We are committed to building and fostering a diverse team, so people of color, people from poor and working class backgrounds, LGBTQ folks, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon sex, race, national origin, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.